MG 561 - Miller, Herman P. Collection

<< MG 560MG 562 >>

Scope and Content

The collection contains three pamphlet publications: Sale of Furniture by the Pennsylvania Board of World's Fair Managers, 1893; Guide to the Publications of the Pennsylvania Geological Survey, compiled by Herman P. Miller, 1896; Veterans Attention, concerning the Soldiers' Pension Bill, 1907.

The collection also contains a broadside with a map of the anthracite regions of the state listing coal production 1820-1841; an invitation to a dinner honoring the Legislature of Pennsylvania and others by the Board of Trade, 1901; cards, invitations, programs, souvenir booklet, and other items concerning the dedication of the new capitol building in 1906; a letter from Governor Pinchot concerning a five-volume set of the history of the 28th division being sent to the Senate Library, 1925.

Background

Herman P. Miller, b.1863, d. 1946, was the librarian of the State Senate for many years. He founded the Miller Brothers & Company real estate firm in association with his brother William P. Miller and W. Harry Baker at the turn of the century. The firm was later operated by his son, Evan J. Miller. Herman P. Miller was also on the Board of Managers of the Harrisburg Hospital, active in Rotary Club, president of the Board of Trade, and was in the real estate group which played an important part in the development of Bellevue Park.

Date(s): 1893-1925

Extent: 1 folder, 9 enclosures