Office Manager, Historical Society of Dauphin County, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Posted 01/09/2019. Open until filled.
The Office Manager is responsible for the management of the front office of HSDC and other duties as assigned. The Office Manager reports to the Executive Director. Part-time, 24 hours a week. (Tuesday through Friday during regular office hours. Occasional evening and weekend activities.) Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Duties include the following:
- Front Office – greet and direct visitors, answer phones, answer general e-mail, process mail and parcel delivery, maintain office files, inventory and order office supplies and items for museum shop.
- Finance – process payments received (walk-in, mail and online) and maintain receipts for tours, research, membership, shop, events, rental, etc. Balance petty cash box and maintain bank deposit files.
- Membership – maintain membership database, track renewal mailings, and maintain membership files.
- Events – maintain mailing lists, prepare bulk mailings, and update RSVP lists. Assist with event planning and ordering, and maintain event files.
- Rentals – assist in meeting with clients and caterers, process contracts, schedule rentals, maintain calendar of rental events, and maintain rental files.
- Board – attend and take minutes at board meetings.
- Accounting – assist in keeping basic accounting records, entering data, taking payments, mailing bills, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Is volunteering at the Historical Society right for you?
VOLUNTEERS ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF OUR ORGANIZATION. Without them, it would be impossible to carry out the programs we offer to the membership and general public. Whether you have a little free time or a lot, you can contribute to the success of the Historical Society. At the present time we have the following opportunities available:
Program and Event Staffing
Docent and Group Tour Guide
Archives and Collections Projects
Office and Marketing Projects
Gardening and Grounds Care
See our volunteer-info-form for more information on volunteering and to allow us to suggest volunteer positions you might like most.