MG 183 - Little Red Schoolhouse Association

<< MG 182MG 184 >>

Scope and Content

Collection contains the minutes of the meeting of the Little Red Schoolhouse Association in June, 1953 written by Caroline T. Rauch, secretary; correspondence, 1951, 1953; programs for the reunions and picnics, 1952, 1953 with song sheets; and newspaper clippings, 1929-1976, concerning the activities of the Association and Caroline T. Rauch who was very active in the organization and served as recording secretary in the 1950's. Includes, also, photographs.

Background

The Little Red Schoolhouse Association was founded in 1940 by Harry S. Smeltzer, president of the Keystone Trust Company. It was made up of persons who attended one-room schools in Central Pennsylvania. Membership in 1952 was more than 1000 with annual reunions and programs which were well attended.

Date(s): 1929-1976

Extent: 2 folders, 15 enclosures