MG 201 - Bolton House Hotel

<< MG 200MG 202 >>

Scope and Content

Collection contains five desk registers for the Bolton House Hotel: May, 1884 to July, 1885, T. H. Heist, Proprietor; February to September, 1891, Mehargue & Weston, Proprietors; September, 1891 to July, 1892; July, 1892 to April, 1893; and September to November, 1919, J. H. & M. S. Butterworth, Proprietors.

Also, four account books: Nov. 1883 to Dec. 1890; Mar. to Dec. 1889; Dec. 1889 to Sept. 1890; and Feb. 1897 to Mar 1899.

Background

The Bolton House Hotel was located on the northeast corner of Second and Strawberry Streets on Market Square, Harrisburg. It was formerly the Buehler House or tavern which was established in 1811. In 1865 it was taken over by George Bolton. In later years it was known as the Warner Hotel.

Date(s): 1884-1919

Extent: 5 boxes, 9 enclosures