MG 355 - Martz, Rev. George Collection

<< MG 354MG 356 >>

Scope and Content

The collection contains a journal of pastoral duties and parish records of the Rev. George Martz from 1856 to 1883. It includes records for churches at Shoops, Mt. Zion, Dauphin and Swatara with listings of baptisms, confirmations, marriages, burials, and also has annual parochial reports as given to the Synod.

Background

Rev. George Martz began his pastoral duties in his charge on December 1, 1856. He traveled from one church to another preaching in German at Swatara, Shoops, Lonely Hollow, Dauphin, Perryville, and Wenrich's.

Date(s): 1856-1883

Extent: 1 folder, 1 enclosure