MG 486 - Harrisburg Light and Power Company Collection

<< MG 485MG 487 >>

Scope and Content

The collection contains a booklet with a typed manuscript of the "History of the Harrisburg Light and Power Company" by W. Maxwell Mailey as read at a conference in November, 1922. He traces the history of the company from its founding in 1884 to 1922. The company was issued its first charter in December, 1884 which was superseded by a new charter in June, 1889. The booklet provides the names of the original directors, rules and regulations, the schedule of rates for commercial lighting and dwelling house lighting, and lists the nineteen different titles the company had through the years.

Date(s): 1922

Extent: 1 folder, 1 enclosure

Creator: W. Maxwell Mailey