MG 234 - Pennsylvania Legislative Correspondents' Association

<< MG 233MG 235 >>

Scope and Content

The collection contains the program for the "Biennial Foregathering and 30th Anniversary Dinner" of the Pennsylvania Legislative Correspondents' Association held at the Penn-Harris on March 11, 1925 with a song booklet (2 copies of each). The program contains the history of the Association the menu for the dinner, the speakers, the guests of honor, officers and members, the Associate members present with the names of the newspapers they represented, and the names of the dinner committee members for 1925.

Background

The Pennsylvania Legislative Correspondents' Association was organized in March, 1895 by representatives of Pennsylvania newspapers actively covering the legislative session of 1895 for the mutual protection of themselves and their newspapers. The Association was reorganized in 1903. Meetings were held in various locations until the construction of the new Capitol building. At the opening of the session of 1907 the Association was established in rooms 524 and 525.

Date(s): 03/11/1925

Extent: 1 folder, 2 enclosures