MG 112 - Harrisburg Bridge Company

<< MG 111MG 113 >>

Scope and Content

Contains typewritten Minute Books in five volumes of the Harrisburg Bridge Company from 1812-1934; a handwritten Minute Book for October, 1818 to September, 1820 kept by Robert Harris, secretary; a drawing of the rear and side elevation of the bridge piers made by H. Alricks, Jr. about 1880; newspaper clippings of the opening of the Market Street River Bridge in April, 1928; an article concerning making the bridge a "free" bridge; postcard photo of the toll house; toll rate cards, 1871-1912; the original handwritten accounts by Jacob Bucher, treasurer, for 1815-1816 and an original request by Tho. Craighead for a one-year payment of five dollars for his family to cross the bridge to attend church, 1844; a brief history of the bridge by Joseph Wallace, 1845; and an invitation from the Civic Club to the Dauphin County Historical Society to attend the presentation of the Market Street Entrance to the city of Harrisburg, April 20, 1906.

Date(s): 1812-1934

Extent: 1 box, 11 folders, 20 enclosures