MG 116 - Pine Street Presbyterian Church

<< MG 115MG 117 >>

Scope and Content

Contains a handwritten document concerning the purchase of a lot of ground at the corner of Third and Pine Streets, Harrisburg, 1858; a copy of the Charter & By-Laws, 1860; sermons preached by Rev. George S. Chambers, 1881, 1889; anniversary programs, 1862-1958; membership list for 1895 and a list of contributors 1938-39; Sunday School programs, 1923, 1929 with a photo of the children at Bethany Chapel, 1932; a publications, "A New Day of Service," concerning the renovation in 1955 and "Life at Pine Street" a church directory, 1968-69; and miscellaneous items including an undated sketch of the church, a card recognizing William E. Hutman for three years of unbroken attendance at Sunday School and delegate ribbons for a conference of the Carlisle Presbytery in 1893.

Date(s): 1858-1969

Extent: 1 box, 11 folders, 29 enclosures