MG 141 - Inglenook Club

<< MG 140MG 142 >>

Scope and Content

Consists of two large bound registers with signatures of members and visitors. One volume is a register from February 12, 1889 to June 28, 1900. The other is titled a "Visiters Register" and lists names form July 2, 1900 to July 24, 1921. An additional name is listed for September 8, 1922 and three names listed on May 3, 1944.


The Inglenook Club was located north of Harrisburg and Dauphin along the river road in the small village of Inglenook. It was founded by Casper Dull, George Fleming, Dr. William Buehler, William B. Hammond, Bethel Boude and was a place where fashionable Harrisburg folk fished for many years. Women were admitted.

Date(s): 1889-1944

Extent: 2 boxes, 2 bound volumes