From the 2008 New Deal Exhibit - Photo 12 of 40

The Steel Skeleton of the PA Liquor Control Building (c1940)

Though work on the LCB building continued, Dauphin County lost 31 projects when the PA State Headquarters of the Public Works Administration closed in September, 1939. Since PWA work started in 1933, more than $302 million had been spent on public works in Pennsylvania despite the rejection of half of all proposed projects. An average of 21,000 men were employed by PWA funds every day.

Thumbnail 1Thumbnail 2Thumbnail 3Thumbnail 4Thumbnail 5
Thumbnail 6Thumbnail 7Thumbnail 8Thumbnail 9Thumbnail 10
Thumbnail 11Thumbnail 12Thumbnail 13Thumbnail 14Thumbnail 15
Thumbnail 16Thumbnail 17Thumbnail 18Thumbnail 19Thumbnail 20
Thumbnail 21Thumbnail 22Thumbnail 23Thumbnail 24Thumbnail 25
Thumbnail 26Thumbnail 27Thumbnail 28Thumbnail 29Thumbnail 30
Thumbnail 31Thumbnail 32Thumbnail 33Thumbnail 34Thumbnail 35
Thumbnail 36Thumbnail 37Thumbnail 38Thumbnail 39Thumbnail 40