From the 2008 New Deal Exhibit - Photo 39 of 40

Charles Howard Lloyd’s Sketch of Commercial Bank

Commercial Bank, later renamed Commercial Trust Co. of Harrisburg, was located at 1222-1224 North Third Street. It closed in October of 1931. The sign on the doors read: "This property in possession of the State Department of Banking, Charles W. Snyder, special deputy in charge." On December 4, 1933, the building was selected for the establishment of the first state liquor store. By 1938, the building was used as the headquarters of the Division of Closed Banks.

Thumbnail 1Thumbnail 2Thumbnail 3Thumbnail 4Thumbnail 5
Thumbnail 6Thumbnail 7Thumbnail 8Thumbnail 9Thumbnail 10
Thumbnail 11Thumbnail 12Thumbnail 13Thumbnail 14Thumbnail 15
Thumbnail 16Thumbnail 17Thumbnail 18Thumbnail 19Thumbnail 20
Thumbnail 21Thumbnail 22Thumbnail 23Thumbnail 24Thumbnail 25
Thumbnail 26Thumbnail 27Thumbnail 28Thumbnail 29Thumbnail 30
Thumbnail 31Thumbnail 32Thumbnail 33Thumbnail 34Thumbnail 35
Thumbnail 36Thumbnail 37Thumbnail 38Thumbnail 39Thumbnail 40