From the 2008 New Deal Exhibit - Photo 8 of 40

The DeHart Dam - Middle Paxton Township

Construction on the Clarks Valley Dam and Reservoir began in 1939 and was completed in 1941. The Public Works Administration approved a $1.2 million grant for its construction (45% of the cost). 2000ft wide, 105ft high, and 600ft thick at the base, the dam was built to supply water to Harrisburg area residents. It was renamed in honor of city councilman William T. DeHart who died in 1947.

Thumbnail 1Thumbnail 2Thumbnail 3Thumbnail 4Thumbnail 5
Thumbnail 6Thumbnail 7Thumbnail 8Thumbnail 9Thumbnail 10
Thumbnail 11Thumbnail 12Thumbnail 13Thumbnail 14Thumbnail 15
Thumbnail 16Thumbnail 17Thumbnail 18Thumbnail 19Thumbnail 20
Thumbnail 21Thumbnail 22Thumbnail 23Thumbnail 24Thumbnail 25
Thumbnail 26Thumbnail 27Thumbnail 28Thumbnail 29Thumbnail 30
Thumbnail 31Thumbnail 32Thumbnail 33Thumbnail 34Thumbnail 35
Thumbnail 36Thumbnail 37Thumbnail 38Thumbnail 39Thumbnail 40