From the 2008 New Deal Exhibit - Photo 20 of 40

Elizabethville CCC Camp Complex (1933-1937)

Company 1326, State Camp No. 123-PA was situated on a 4,500 acre tract of land known as the Haldeman State Forest between Broad Mountain on the south and Berry Mountain on the north in Upper Armstrong Valley, Jackson Township. It was established by the Third Corps Area of the U.S. Army. On October 13, 1933 a vanguard of 26 men arrived and within a few days erected a camp.

Thumbnail 1Thumbnail 2Thumbnail 3Thumbnail 4Thumbnail 5
Thumbnail 6Thumbnail 7Thumbnail 8Thumbnail 9Thumbnail 10
Thumbnail 11Thumbnail 12Thumbnail 13Thumbnail 14Thumbnail 15
Thumbnail 16Thumbnail 17Thumbnail 18Thumbnail 19Thumbnail 20
Thumbnail 21Thumbnail 22Thumbnail 23Thumbnail 24Thumbnail 25
Thumbnail 26Thumbnail 27Thumbnail 28Thumbnail 29Thumbnail 30
Thumbnail 31Thumbnail 32Thumbnail 33Thumbnail 34Thumbnail 35
Thumbnail 36Thumbnail 37Thumbnail 38Thumbnail 39Thumbnail 40