From the 2008 New Deal Exhibit - Photo 37 of 40

The Farm Show Building (c1935)

In 1935 plans for the new Farm Show Arena were submitted by the Pennsylvania General Authority to the Public Works Administration. Interior drawings were made public in 1937. The arena was to seat 8,250 people with capacity increasing to 12,000 if the arena floor was also used. In this image of the existing 10 acre building that was built in 1930, Maclay Street is in the foreground.

Photo Courtesy of the Pennsylvania State Archives, MG-281, Samuel W. Kuhnert Papers

Thumbnail 1Thumbnail 2Thumbnail 3Thumbnail 4Thumbnail 5
Thumbnail 6Thumbnail 7Thumbnail 8Thumbnail 9Thumbnail 10
Thumbnail 11Thumbnail 12Thumbnail 13Thumbnail 14Thumbnail 15
Thumbnail 16Thumbnail 17Thumbnail 18Thumbnail 19Thumbnail 20
Thumbnail 21Thumbnail 22Thumbnail 23Thumbnail 24Thumbnail 25
Thumbnail 26Thumbnail 27Thumbnail 28Thumbnail 29Thumbnail 30
Thumbnail 31Thumbnail 32Thumbnail 33Thumbnail 34Thumbnail 35
Thumbnail 36Thumbnail 37Thumbnail 38Thumbnail 39Thumbnail 40